Who We’re Looking For
The Digital Equity Accelerator invests into local not-for-profit organizations and non-governmental organizations working to advance social and economic equality in their communities through digital inclusion efforts. Together, we aim to build an online and offline world that is just and equal.
The Accelerator is for organizations that are seeking to grow and expand their existing work. We seek organizations that are eager and ready to embrace learning and change. We are keen to work with organizations that design solutions with their communities, not for their communities.
All organizations must meet the following criteria to be considered for the Accelerator:
- Hold active legal registration as a not-for-profit organization (non-governmental organization or similar);
- Perform a large majority of your work in one of the eligible countries (country list will be made public once the application is announced);
- Able to legally receive funding from a US-based 501(c)3 organization;
- Committed to improving digital equity in the areas of economic opportunity, education, and/or public health/healthcare (learn more about the topics we invest in);
- Work should primarily benefit underserved communities, namely inequality in gender, disability, geography, wealth and income, race and ethnicity, generation, and other historically marginalized communities (learn more about the communities we invest in);
- Currently reach ~25,000 beneficiaries directly through the work you aim to scale through the Accelerator; and
- The primary participant from each organization must possess fluency in English.
When the new countries are announced, more detailed criteria for individual countries will be made available.